All UVA in Valencia participants will live with host families. This provides students a greater opportunity to improve their Spanish language skills, gain insight into Spanish culture and daily life, and form what are for many lifelong friendships with their hosts.
- Families are selected by the on-site program directors. Students can live with a roommate or housemate from the program or be the only student in the household.
- Host families provide three meals a day and will do laundry. All homes have internet access.
- Households are situated throughout Valencia. Housing is assigned based on many factors, including order of acceptance so early applications are encouraged.
- Participants can request specific roommates, housemates, or host families on their program application. We do our best to accommodate requests, but may not be able to accommodate every request.
- Summer students doing both sessions have housing between session I and session II
- Full academic year students do NOT have housing with their host family between fall and spring semesters. It may be possible to arrange housing with the family for an additional fee. Students need to ask the Director of Student Services in Valencia about between semester housing before the end of the fall semester.